The primary objectives of the Agency remain to provide services to Co-operative and Social Enterprise around Lincolnshire by :
- Establishing developing and supporting a network of agencies with interest in the sector
- To seek to ensure that the availability of support and advice is available as efficiently and as widely as possible. Identifying any gaps in provision and supporting new programmes to fill such gaps. Disseminating mutual information and examples of best practice around the network. Exploring opportunities for mutual support and avoiding duplication.
- Promoting the Co-operative and Social Enterprise options within Community Public and Business sectors
- Identifying opportunities for Social Enterprises to be represented in mainstream business activity, networks, trade and policy development. Influencing policy and practice of public authorities to afford opportunities for social enterprise to deliver public services.
- Outreach and support to existing and new social enterprises and co-operatives
- Identifying and networking existing Social Enterprises to share intelligence and best practice. Supporting their development and improvement with specialised advice and guidance and brokering access to other support services.
- Identifying and developing local ideas for social and co-operative enterprises with local people.
- Engagement with local communities to promote the Social Enterprise option for new co-operative actions